The Acoustic underlay for Engineered and Laminate floor is a high performance acoustical underlayment designed to reduce the transmission of impact sound caused by people walking.
Floor Acoustic Underlay
Floor Acoustic is a premium acoustical floor underlay. It has been environmentally designed for sound isolation and impact noise control under floating laminate flooring, engineered wood and solid wood flooring. It is an excellent choice for commercial and residential installations.
The product system has been engineered for all sub-floors. It provides maximum performance for minimum thickness combining an impact and vibration damping and sound absorber with a decoupled noise barrier. It can easily be formed into any shape and it perfect for do-it-yourself; laying and trimming are quick and easy.
Floor Acoustic is available in 3 mm thickness layer including 6 mil moisture barriers for improving moisture protection. It has been tested of highest IIC-74 and STC-73 ratings, and that makes it ideal impact noise insulation and no other impact noise protection is necessary.
Floor Acoustic is perfect for soundproofing floors in noisy buildings especially in multiple-story dwellings, condominiums, homes, hotels and apartments.
- Environmentally friendly with non-toxic.
- Natural cushioning reduces both impact & floor squeaks.
- Suitable for use with radiant flooring.
- will not hold water, and will not mildew.
- Durable and high resilience.
- easy to handle.
- For use with engineered & laminate floors.
- Close-cell technology: best sound absorption.
- Impact insulation class (IIC): 74°.
- Sound transmission class (STC): 73°.
- Excellent thermal r value and reduces passive thermal loss.
- Provides super stability, performance and durability, particularly in concentrated high foot traffic areas.
- Reduces noise levels & eliminates hollow sounds.
- Insulates and protects floors.
- Reduces minor sub-floor imperfections.
- Best use for all sub-floors.
- Anti-bacterial, mold & mildew resistant.
- 100 square feet per roll.
- Waterproof pad: 3-mil moisture barrier with lip & tape.
- 25-year limited warranty.
- Before starting installation make sure the sub floor is permanently dry and free of dirt, dust, grease and other foreign matter.
- Correct any open cracks and fill with a high-grade patch. Sub floor should be properly leveled.
- Roll out and position the first row of Floor acoustic underlayment with the vapour barrier surface facing downwards, allowing the pad to run up exterior walls 1/2”.
- Install the floor covering per manufactures written instructions.
- Roll out the second row of underlay near the edge of the first row of underlay and be sure to align the edges of the first and second rows as tightly as possible, both side by side and end by end (do not overlap the underlays). You can tape the seams, but it is not necessary.
- Continue installing in the same manner until the installation is complete.
- Trimming excess underlayment is necessary to allow for baseboard or quarter round installation and be sure the Installed baseboard slightly off floor to avoid the transferring of noise by ground vibrations to the wall.